SeaNet’s Panama office provides complete PC SOPEP development and approval, and also acts as an Authorized Person representative and liaison to the Panama Canal Authority (ACP), pursuant to the Regulation.
An Authorized Person can help obtain and consign ACP acceptable guarantees/bonds to cover the costs of the response and cleanup of oil spills in Canal waters. According to the regulations, PC SOPEP for international vessels “…shall be developed by an organization or individual experienced in pollution prevention and response.” To keep compliant with those regulations, flag States like Liberia recommend the use of SeaNet Panama — a company with qualified personnel who have vast experience both in the maritime sector and with the Panama Canal requirements, and who can also act as your official PC SOPEP Authorized Person.
For more information about how SeaNet’s PC SOPEP & Authorized Person service can help your business, please contact SeaNet Panama today:
- Local SeaNet offices in Panama.
- Representative offices are strategically located worldwide, available to meet your needs anywhere.
- Service available 24 hours a day/365 days a year.
- SeaNet provides a wide area of coverage in the event of an emergency.
- Knowledgeable and qualified personnel experienced with pollution containment and recovery activities.
- Competitive fees with no hidden costs from agents.
- Single window of services and consolidation of accounts.
- More than 15 years in the maritime sector in Panama.
- SeaNet is partnered with and supported by one of the world’s leading flag States, the Liberian Registry.
- SeaNet’s designated Authorized Person is also an auditor/inspector and casualty investigator for SeaNet’s partner, the Liberian Registry.
- SeaNet PC SOPEP and Authorized Person Services are available to ships of all flags.